Vikikitab:Kənd meydanı

(Vikikitab:Bot policy səhifəsindən yönləndirilmişdir)
Ən son rəy:1 ay öncə, MPossoupe (WMF) tərəfindən "Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees 2024 Selection" mövzusunda
Qısayol:
VK:KM
Arxiv
Bulaq
Bulaq
Kənd Meydanına Xoş Gəldiniz!

Bu səhifənin məqsədi Vikikitab ilə əlaqədar olan və cavabını bilmədiyiniz suallar verə biləcəyiniz xəbərləşmə məkanı yaratmaqdır. VikiKitabda texniki və idarəetməyə dair mövzular burada müzakirə edilir. IRC kanalımızda digər istifadəçilərlə eyni zamanda da danışa bilərsiz.

Buraya yeni bir başlıq açmadan əvvəl:

  • Vikipediya ilə əlaqədar bir gəlişmə bildirəcəksinizsə Vikikitab:Elanlar səhifəsini istifadə edin.
  • Vandalizm, troll, fəaliyyət şikayətləri üçün Vikikitab:Şikayət səhifəsindən istifadə edin.
  • Vikipediyada keçirilən seçkilər üçün Vikikitab:Seçkilər səhifəsini istifadə edin.

Bu səhifəni yazarkən yazdığınız mesajların sonunda imza qoymağı unutmayın.

Layihələr

Təkliflər

İdarəçilər Aktual hadisələr


Sual redaktə

Salam, burada çapdankənar roman yerləşdirsək silinməzki?— Bu imzasız yazı Sofy2004 (müzakirəfəaliyyət) tərəfindən əlavə edilmişdir.

Salam Sofy2004. Düşünürəm ki, sualınıza Araz Yaquboglu cavab verə bilər.--NMW03 (müzakirə) 21:44, 21 yanvar 2019 (UTC)Cavabla
Sofy2004, burada çap olunmayan, yazanın özünə məxsus əsər yerləşdirilə bilər. Araz Yaquboglu (müzakirə) 04:49, 22 yanvar 2019 (UTC)Cavabla

Sual redaktə

Salam məncə vikikitab çox rəngsiz və qarışıqdır. Nəyə görə kitablarda şəkillərdən istifadə edilmir? Bir də məqalələr dağınıqdır onları bir kitabda birləşdirmək məqsəd yönlüdür.— Bu imzasız yazı Sofy2004 (müzakirəfəaliyyət) tərəfindən əlavə edilmişdir.

Sofy2004, əgər uyğun şəkil tapsanız əlavə edə bilərsiniz. Amma şəkil yükləməyin. Çünki burda lokal yükləmə mexanizmi yoxdur. Şəkillər birbaşa commonsa yüklənir. Orda yeni istifadəçi olduğunuz üçün qaydalara uyğun olmayan şəkil yükləyə bilərsiniz və nəticədə bloklana bilərsiniz. Eyni zamanda son yaratdığınız məqalələr vikipediyadan copy+paste olduğuna görə və bura uyğun olmadığına görə silindi. Bura sadəcə dərslik, təlimat resept və çap olunmamış kitablar əlavə edilə bilər.--NMW03 (müzakirə) 09:39, 24 yanvar 2019 (UTC)Cavabla

İnterfeys idarəçisi səsverməsi redaktə

Salam. Buradakı 1 aylıq interfeys idarəçisi hüququm bitib. Yenisi üçün müraciət etmişəm metaya amma səsvermə istəyirlər. Araz Yaquboglu, Cekli829, Turkmen , Qolcomaq, Aykhan Zayedzadeh zəhmət olmasa səs verin.--NMW03 (müzakirə) 08:12, 23 fevral 2019 (UTC)Cavabla

  1.   Lehinə Sizə layiqdi, iş görürsüz. --Araz Yaquboglu (müzakirə) 16:03, 23 fevral 2019 (UTC)Cavabla
  2.   Lehinə--Turkmen (müzakirə) 18:42, 23 fevral 2019 (UTC)Cavabla
  3.   Lehinə--►Cekli829 07:08, 14 mart 2019 (UTC)Cavabla

Yeni Ana Səhifə redaktə

Salam. Ana Səhifənin yeni versiyasını hazırlamışam. Bəyənirsinizsə dəyişək. Cekli829, Araz Yaquboglu--NMW03 (müzakirə) 11:43, 20 aprel 2019 (UTC)Cavabla

Etdiklərinizi hazırkı ana səhifəyə əlavə edə bilərsiz. Əvvəlki bir çox punktlar qalmalıdı. Ana səhifə üçün etdiyiniz çox qısadı. --Araz Yaquboglu (müzakirə) 13:53, 20 aprel 2019 (UTC)Cavabla
NMW03 köhnəylə yeninin birləşməsini nəzərdə tuturdum. elə olsa daha yaxşı olar. İndi çox qısadı. --Araz Yaquboglu (müzakirə) 14:23, 20 aprel 2019 (UTC)Cavabla
NMW03, hazırladığın mövcud versiya qısa olsa da ilkin mərhələ üçün normaldır. Ana Səhifəni təkmilləşdirmək zəruridir. Həm də onu avtomatlaşdırmaq lazımdır ki, bəzi bölmələr gündəlik və ya aylıq yenilənsin. Bununla bağlı müəyyən planlarım var. Boş vaxtım olduqca həyata keçirəcəyəm. --►Cekli829 07:58, 21 aprel 2019 (UTC)Cavabla

Vikikitaba avtopatrul statusunun yüklənməsi redaktə

Salam hörmətli həmkarlar. Düşünürəm ki, bu layihənin bir neçə aktiv istifadəçisi var. Onların redaktələrini tək-tək patrullamağa ehtiyac yoxdur. Onlara avtopatrul hüququ verməklə bir növ qlobal idarəçilərin yoxlaması və əlavə patrullama işləri aparmaq cəhətdən buradakı idarəçilərin işini asanlaşdıra bilər. Həmçinin düşünürəm ki, layihələrdə yeniliklər həmin layihəyə marağı və aktivliyi yüksəldir. Fabrikatora müraciət edib hüququ vikiyə yüklətmək asan işdir. Sadəcə konsensus lazımdır. --Turkmen (müzakirə) 20:55, 21 avqust 2019 (UTC)Cavabla

  1.   Lehinə--Turkmen (müzakirə) 20:55, 21 avqust 2019 (UTC)Cavabla
  2.   Lehinə Solavirum (müzakirə) 03:11, 22 avqust 2019 (UTC)Cavabla
  3.   Lehinə--Samral (müzakirə) 08:13, 22 avqust 2019 (UTC)Cavabla
  4.   Lehinə Olsun. --Araz Yaquboglu (müzakirə) 08:28, 22 avqust 2019 (UTC)Cavabla
  5.   Lehinə dəstəkləyirəm.--Eminn ismarıc 17:36, 22 avqust 2019 (UTC)Cavabla
  Qəbul edildi--Turkmen (müzakirə) 20:06, 28 avqust 2019 (UTC)Cavabla

VACİB: İdarəçilərin fəallığının yoxlanması redaktə

Salam. 2013-cü ildə "inkişaf etmiş hüquqların" (idarəçi, bürokrat və s.) Ləğvi ilə bağlı bir siyasət qlobal icma konsensusu tərəfindən qəbul edildi.Bu siyasətə görə, idarəçilər heç bir hərəkətsizlik siyasəti olmadan bütün Wikimedia Fondu vikilərində idarəçilərin fəaliyyətlərini nəzərdən keçirirlər.Ən yaxşı bildiyimizə görə, wikiinizdə "inkişaf etmiş hüquqlar" ın aktiv olmayan hesablardan silinməsi üçün rəsmi bir proses yoxdur. Bu o deməkdir ki, idarəçilər bu işə idarəetmə fəaliyyətinə baxış uyğun olaraq baxacaqlar.

Aşağıdakı istifadəçilərin fəaliyyətsizlik meyarlarına cavab verdiyini müəyyən etdik (2 ildən çox müddət ərzində heç bir düzəliş və qeyd edilməmiş hərəkət).

  1. Cekli829 (idarəçi)

Bu istifadəçilər tezliklə bir və ya bütün hüquqlarını qorumaq istədikləri təqdirdə icma müzakirəsinə başlamağı xahiş edərək bildiriş alacaqlar. İstifadəçilər cavab vermirsə, inkişaf etmiş hüquqları idarəçilər tərəfindən silinəcəkdir.

Lakin, bir cəmiyyət olaraq qlobal səviyyədən üstün olan öz fəaliyyətinizə baxış prosesini yaratmaq istəyirsinizsə, bu hərəkətsiz hüquq sahibləri ilə bağlı başqa bir qərar vermək və ya artıq buraxılmış siyasətimiz varsa, xahiş edirəm bildirin Meta-Wiki-də olan idarəçilər sizin wiki-dəki hüquqlarınıza baxmağa davam etməyəcəyimizi bilmirik. Təşəkkürlər, Stanglavine (müzakirə) 16:34, 11 yanvar 2022 (UTC)Cavabla

Bot policy redaktə

Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable) or bots that fix double redirects. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.

This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. If you use or prefer to use a dedicated project page for handling bot flag requests, that is also acceptable. Please read the text at Meta-Wiki before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in two weeks if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. Thank you for your consideration. --Rschen7754 17:24, 23 iyul 2022 (UTC)Cavabla

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in two weeks? redaktə

 
The slides for our presentation at Wikimania 2022

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

We have been working on it for the past three years. So far, it has been the default on more than 30 wikis, including sister projects, all accounting for more than 1 billion pageviews per month. On average 87% of active logged-in users of those wikis use Vector 2022.

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skins. No changes are expected for users of these skins.

About the skin redaktə

[Why is a change necessary] The current default skin meets the needs of the readers and editors as these were 13 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using Wikimedia projects. The old Vector doesn't meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the new skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It draws inspiration from previous requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. We reduced PHP code in Wikimedia deployed skins by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

[Changes and test results] The skin introduces a series of changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jumped to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the wikis we tested on.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Try it out] Try out the new skin by going to the appearance tab in your preferences and selecting Vector 2022 from the list of skins.

How can editors change and customize this skin? redaktə

It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out our repository for a list of currently available customizations, or add your own.

Our plan redaktə

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying in the week of October 3, 2022. If your community would like to request more time to discuss the changes, hit the button and write to us. We can adjust the calendar.

If you'd like ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please ping me here or write on the talk page of the project. We will gladly answer! Also, see our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 04:14, 22 sentyabr 2022 (UTC)Cavabla

Community Wishlist Survey 2023 opens in January redaktə

Zəhmət olmasa dilinizə tərcümə etməyə kömək edin

(There is a translatable version of this message on MetaWiki)

Salam

The Community Wishlist Survey (CWS) 2023, which lets contributors propose and vote for tools and improvements, starts next month on Monday, 23 January 2023, at 18:00 UTC and will continue annually.

We are inviting you to share your ideas for technical improvements to our tools and platforms. Long experience in editing or technical skills is not required. If you have ever used our software and thought of an idea to improve it, this is the place to come share those ideas!

The dates for the phases of the Survey will be as follows:

  • Phase 1: Submit, discuss, and revise proposals – Monday, Jan 23, 2023 to Sunday, Feb 6, 2023
  • Phase 2: WMF/Community Tech reviews and organizes proposals – Monday, Jan 30, 2023 to Friday, Feb 10, 2023
  • Phase 3: Vote on proposals – Friday, Feb 10, 2023 to Friday, Feb 24, 2023
  • Phase 4: Results posted – Tuesday, Feb 28, 2023

If you want to start writing out your ideas ahead of the Survey, you can start thinking about your proposals and draft them in the CWS sandbox.

We are grateful to all who participated last year. See you in January 2023!

Təşəkkür! Community Tech, STei (WMF) 16:44, 15 dekabr 2022 (UTC)Cavabla

Global ban for PlanespotterA320/RespectCE redaktə

Per the Global bans policy, I'm informing the project of this request for comment: m:Requests for comment/Global ban for PlanespotterA320 (2) about banning a member from your community. Thank you.--Lemonaka (talk) 21:40, 6 February 2023 (UTC)

Your wiki will be in read only soon redaktə

Trizek (WMF) (Müzakirə) 21:20, 27 fevral 2023 (UTC)Cavabla

Wikimania 2023 Welcoming Program Submissions redaktə

 
Do you want to host an in-person or virtual session at Wikimania 2023? Maybe a hands-on workshop, a lively discussion, a fun performance, a catchy poster, or a memorable lightning talk? Submissions are open until March 28. The event will have dedicated hybrid blocks, so virtual submissions and pre-recorded content are also welcome. If you have any questions, please join us at an upcoming conversation on March 12 or 19, or reach out by email at wikimania@wikimedia.org or on Telegram. More information on-wiki.

Seeking volunteers for the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct process redaktə

Hello,

As follow-up to the message about the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines by Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Shani Evenstein Sigalov, I am reaching out about the next steps. I want to bring your attention to the next stage of the Universal Code of Conduct process, which is forming a building committee for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). I invite community members with experience and deep interest in community health and governance to nominate themselves to be part of the U4C building committee, which needs people who are:

  • Community members in good standing
  • Knowledgeable about movement community processes, such as, but not limited to, policy drafting, participatory decision making, and application of existing rules and policies on Wikimedia projects
  • Aware and appreciative of the diversity of the movement, such as, but not limited to, languages spoken, identity, geography, and project type
  • Committed to participate for the entire U4C Building Committee period from mid-May - December 2023
  • Comfortable with engaging in difficult, but productive conversations
  • Confidently able to communicate in English

The Building Committee shall consist of volunteer community members, affiliate board or staff, and Wikimedia Foundation staff.

The Universal Code of Conduct has been a process strengthened by the skills and knowledge of the community and I look forward to what the U4C Building Committee creates. If you are interested in joining the Building Committee, please either sign up on the Meta-Wiki page, or contact ucocproject wikimedia.org by May 12, 2023. Read more on Meta-Wiki.

Best regards,

Xeno (WMF) 19:00, 26 aprel 2023 (UTC)Cavabla

Selection of the U4C Building Committee redaktə

The next stage in the Universal Code of Conduct process is establishing a Building Committee to create the charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). The Building Committee has been selected. Read about the members and the work ahead on Meta-wiki.

-- UCoC Project Team, 04:20, 27 may 2023 (UTC)

Announcing the new Elections Committee members redaktə

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello there,

We are glad to announce the new members and advisors of the Elections Committee. The Elections Committee assists with the design and implementation of the process to select Community- and Affiliate-Selected trustees for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. After an open nomination process, the strongest candidates spoke with the Board and four candidates were asked to join the Elections Committee. Four other candidates were asked to participate as advisors.

Thank you to all the community members who submitted their names for consideration. We look forward to working with the Elections Committee in the near future.

On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees,

RamzyM (WMF) 17:59, 28 iyun 2023 (UTC)Cavabla

Review the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee redaktə

Hello all,

I am pleased to share the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct work. The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) draft charter is now ready for your review.

The Enforcement Guidelines require a Building Committee form to draft a charter that outlines procedures and details for a global committee to be called the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). Over the past few months, the U4C Building Committee worked together as a group to discuss and draft the U4C charter. The U4C Building Committee welcomes feedback about the draft charter now through 22 September 2023. After that date, the U4C Building Committee will revise the charter as needed and a community vote will open shortly afterward.

Join the conversation during the conversation hours or on Meta-wiki.

Best,

RamzyM (WMF), on behalf of the U4C Building Committee, 15:35, 28 avqust 2023 (UTC)Cavabla

== Opportunities open for the Affiliations Committee, Ombuds commission, and the Case Review Committee == redaktə

Hi everyone! The Affiliations Committee (AffCom), Ombuds commission (OC), and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for new members. These volunteer groups provide important structural and oversight support for the community and movement. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or encourage others they feel would contribute to these groups to apply. There is more information about the roles of the groups, the skills needed, and the opportunity to apply on the Meta-wiki page.

On behalf of the Committee Support team,

Review and comment on the 2024 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package redaktə

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear all,

Please review and comment on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees selection rules package from now until 29 October 2023. The selection rules package was based on older versions by the Elections Committee and will be used in the 2024 Board of Trustees selection. Providing your comments now will help them provide a smoother, better Board selection process. More on the Meta-wiki page.

Best,

Katie Chan
Chair of the Elections Committee

01:12, 17 oktyabr 2023 (UTC)

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in two weeks? redaktə

Read this in your languageZəhmət olmasa dilinizə tərcümə etməyə kömək edin • Please tell other users about these changes

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

 
Qlobal nizamlamalar

If you prefer keeping the current skin select "Vector legacy (2010)" on the appearance tab of the global preferences and save the change. We encourage you to give the new skin a try, though.

Since I last came to you with this question, many things have changed. The skin is now the default on most Wikipedias, and all logos are done! We have also made some tweaks in the skin itself. Below is the text I've sent to you once, but I'm sending it again, just slightly edited, for those who haven't seen it.

If you know what this is about, jump straight to the section "Our plan":

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy as a local (but not global) preference. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skin. No changes are expected for these skins.

About the skin redaktə

 
Slides to our Wikimania 2022 presentation. You may also listen to the recording on YouTube (in English).

[Why is a change necessary] When the current default skin was created, it reflected the needs of the readers and editors as these were 14 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using the Internet and Wikimedia projects in different ways. The old Vector does not meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the Vector 2022 skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It introduces a series of changes that aim to improve problems new and existing readers and editors were having with the old skin. It draws inspiration from previous user requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. The PHP code in the other available skins has been reduced by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

 

[Changes in a nutshell] The skin introduces changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The limited width and pin-able menus allow to adjust the interface to the screen size, and focus on editing or reading. Logged-in and logged-out users may use a toggle button to keep the full width, though.
  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jump to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the tested wikis.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Customize this skin] It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out the repository for a list of currently available customizations and changes, or add your own.

Our plan redaktə

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying on 31 October. If you'd like to ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please comment in any language. If this is the first comment to my message, make sure to ping me. We will gladly answer! Also, check out our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (müzakirə) 23:51, 18 oktyabr 2023 (UTC)Cavabla

Vote on the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee redaktə

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Zəhmət olmasa dilinizə tərcümə etməyə kömək edin

Hello all,

I am reaching out to you today to announce that the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) Charter is now open. Community members may cast their vote and provide comments about the charter via SecurePoll now through 2 February 2024. Those of you who voiced your opinions during the development of the UCoC Enforcement Guidelines will find this process familiar.

The current version of the U4C Charter is on Meta-wiki with translations available.

Read the charter, go vote and share this note with others in your community. I can confidently say the U4C Building Committee looks forward to your participation.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 18:07, 19 yanvar 2024 (UTC)Cavabla

Last days to vote on the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee redaktə

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Zəhmət olmasa dilinizə tərcümə etməyə kömək edin

Hello all,

I am reaching out to you today to remind you that the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) charter will close on 2 February 2024. Community members may cast their vote and provide comments about the charter via SecurePoll. Those of you who voiced your opinions during the development of the UCoC Enforcement Guidelines will find this process familiar.

The current version of the U4C charter is on Meta-wiki with translations available.

Read the charter, go vote and share this note with others in your community. I can confidently say the U4C Building Committee looks forward to your participation.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 16:59, 31 yanvar 2024 (UTC)Cavabla

Announcing the results of the UCoC Coordinating Committee Charter ratification vote redaktə

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Zəhmət olmasa dilinizə tərcümə etməyə kömək edin

Dear all,

Thank you everyone for following the progress of the Universal Code of Conduct. I am writing to you today to announce the outcome of the ratification vote on the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee Charter. 1746 contributors voted in this ratification vote with 1249 voters supporting the Charter and 420 voters not. The ratification vote process allowed for voters to provide comments about the Charter.

A report of voting statistics and a summary of voter comments will be published on Meta-wiki in the coming weeks.

Please look forward to hearing about the next steps soon.

On behalf of the UCoC Project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 18:23, 12 fevral 2024 (UTC)Cavabla

Report of the U4C Charter ratification and U4C Call for Candidates now available redaktə

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Zəhmət olmasa dilinizə tərcümə etməyə kömək edin

Hello all,

I am writing to you today with two important pieces of information. First, the report of the comments from the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) Charter ratification is now available. Secondly, the call for candidates for the U4C is open now through April 1, 2024.

The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is a global group dedicated to providing an equitable and consistent implementation of the UCoC. Community members are invited to submit their applications for the U4C. For more information and the responsibilities of the U4C, please review the U4C Charter.

Per the charter, there are 16 seats on the U4C: eight community-at-large seats and eight regional seats to ensure the U4C represents the diversity of the movement.

Read more and submit your application on Meta-wiki.

On behalf of the UCoC project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 16:24, 5 mart 2024 (UTC)Cavabla

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees 2024 Selection redaktə

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Dear all,

This year, the term of 4 (four) Community- and Affiliate-selected Trustees on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees will come to an end [1]. The Board invites the whole movement to participate in this year’s selection process and vote to fill those seats.

The Elections Committee will oversee this process with support from Foundation staff [2]. The Board Governance Committee created a Board Selection Working Group from Trustees who cannot be candidates in the 2024 community- and affiliate-selected trustee selection process composed of Dariusz Jemielniak, Nataliia Tymkiv, Esra'a Al Shafei, Kathy Collins, and Shani Evenstein Sigalov [3]. The group is tasked with providing Board oversight for the 2024 trustee selection process, and for keeping the Board informed. More details on the roles of the Elections Committee, Board, and staff are here [4].

Here are the key planned dates:

  • May 2024: Call for candidates and call for questions
  • June 2024: Affiliates vote to shortlist 12 candidates (no shortlisting if 15 or less candidates apply) [5]
  • June-August 2024: Campaign period
  • End of August / beginning of September 2024: Two-week community voting period
  • October–November 2024: Background check of selected candidates
  • Board's Meeting in December 2024: New trustees seated

Learn more about the 2024 selection process - including the detailed timeline, the candidacy process, the campaign rules, and the voter eligibility criteria - on this Meta-wiki page, and make your plan.

Election Volunteers

Another way to be involved with the 2024 selection process is to be an Election Volunteer. Election Volunteers are a bridge between the Elections Committee and their respective community. They help ensure their community is represented and mobilize them to vote. Learn more about the program and how to join on this Meta-wiki page.

Best regards,

Dariusz Jemielniak (Governance Committee Chair, Board Selection Working Group)

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections/2021/Results#Elected

[2] https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Committee:Elections_Committee_Charter

[3] https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Minutes:2023-08-15#Governance_Committee

[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_committee/Roles

[5] Even though the ideal number is 12 candidates for 4 open seats, the shortlisting process will be triggered if there are more than 15 candidates because the 1-3 candidates that are removed might feel ostracized and it would be a lot of work for affiliates to carry out the shortlisting process to only eliminate 1-3 candidates from the candidate list.

MPossoupe_(WMF)19:56, 12 mart 2024 (UTC)Cavabla